Are Apples Equivalent to Caffeine? Nope, They're Better!

I came into work today needing a "pick-me-up". I'll admit it, I was feeling a little tired. Decaf Chamomile Mint tea with honey just didn't cut it this morning, except to soothe my throat. I'm not a morning person either, so even if I wake up feeling great and well rested, it's guaranteed that I'll hit snooze at least once. On mornings where I feel exhausted still I have been known to hit the snooze button for over an hour. Yikes. I feel bad for my college roommates!

However, I have a sweet job with sweet perks... literally! I can come into work and have a delicious, crisp, organic apple. And a Pink Lady Apple at that. (I'm such a sucker for packaging and Pink Lady Apples are packaged well with their beautiful blush pink streaks with yellow.) And I'll be honest, I'm not really an apple person. I consider myself more of a citrus and banana kind of gal.

Apples

You know what they say, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away..." Maybe the old saying should go "An apple a day is better than a cup of coffee today!" It's true! Although apples do not have caffeine, they do have the glucose that fuels your brain and gives you energy. Legitimate natural energy! Talk about a pick-me-up!

Glucose:Brain::Gasoline:Car

(Glucose is to brain what gasoline is to car.)

This analogy brings back painful memories of the SATs! I wish I ate more apples then! Had I known of the goodness of apples sooner I would've saved tens of, gulp, maybe hundreds of dollars from buying so much darn coffee!

Are Apples Equivalent to Caffeine? Nope, They're Better!

If you want to cut back on caffeine, if you're feeling too jittery, or if you just don't like the taste of coffee bring on the fruit (and keep off the pounds!). Don't like apples? Throw a banana into your cereal, oatmeal, or just grab it and go!