Holistic and Homeopathic Ways to Lower Your High Cholesterol

you've got high cholesterol huh? Well its not the end of the world. You might want to try some homeopathic (natural) remedies if you wish.

I think that I can help you although I am not a doctor but a retired RN and wouldn't wish you to think that the advice in this article can be substituted for competent medical advice. Wow what a mouthful. But I wanted you to know that.

\"apple Tree\"

Well lets get started. You will find in this article that there are a several natural remedies out there some interesting and might work and some just as far fetched as burying a thread and needle under a blooming apple tree to get rid of warts. That by the way is a tried and true NC recipe for getting rid of warts according to my wife. Some of the really potent medical remedies are the Statins family which are reputed to work very well but have some minor side effects like all medicines do and can be expensive. Simvastatin is one that I use. Zocor is its name and my cholesterol level is noted in the fourth paragraph . I can tell you that my doctor is pleased with its results.in lowering my cholesterol and no, I definitely am not on Zocor's payroll and do not receive one cent for making that claim..

Holistic and Homeopathic Ways to Lower Your High Cholesterol

This article though is about alternative or natural ingredients used in lowering high cholesterol and I can tell you some of their effects from personal experience as well.

You might say that having reached my almost seventieth birthday that I've been around the barn a few times. Several of those times had to deal with high and very high cholesterol levels and the subsequent effects of that. To put all this in proper perspective I am a cheeseburger junkie and a true lover of crisp and tasty fries. So what, you might say, there are a lot of cheeseburger lovers in the world and most of us hit the different fast food places for a dose at least daily if not more often.

I would have said that being a cheeseburger lover wasn't the end of the world except it almost was for me. I had a sudden and pretty bad heart attack in August 2005. The x-rays showed most of my arteries blocked and thus I required 5-bypasses and of course open-heart surgery. All from cheeseburgers? Nah, but the cumulative effects of high cholesterol and high calorie meals finally got me and I almost paid the ultimate price.

I have begun using alternative methods of treating my cholesterol as sort of a precaution . I figure that the Statin I am using will bring the cholesterol level down and it does a pretty good job but I figure that having an extra arrow in my quiver so to speak , made good sense. One of the extra things I have done too is go on a low fat, low cholesterol diet. Now don't get me wrong I am still eating a hamburger sometimes with cheese but not nearly as often as prior years. Now my hamburgers are maybe one every two weeks. I have cut those lovely crispy fries out totally other than a small one now and again from my wife's plate and have pretty much adhered to my doctor's recommendations on the food line.

The alternative methods that I use are all found in the local health food store. One method has in it kelp, barley green and brown rice. This has really worked wonders for my wife and now I am using it. She takes a level teaspoon in 6-8 ounces of water three times a day before she eats. I don't have any numbers from her cholesterol but mine is definitely down around 200. My good cholesterol is up in the 80's and bad down around 30 some. I have been using it for about 3 weeks and haven't had any trouble. I'm hesitant to give the name of the product but I am sure that you will be able to find it by telling the clerk in the store what the main ingredients are. I am interested in your experience with it so drop me an email at jim@mens-help.info and I will respond. The second natural alternative method is Flax Seed Oil. My brother-in-law swears by this and says that his cholesterol has really dropped using that ingredient. He takes one to three tablets a day and I think that is before meals but I am not sure of that. All I can tell you is that he feels that the Flax Seed really does the trick. To my knowledge he doesn't use anything else to get his cholesterol lowering effect. Also oats found in oatmeal cereals has a healthy effect upon cholesterol and according to the American Heart Association has a good effect on your heart. We all eat oatmeal several times a week. I might add that the eggs, bacon ( or what sometimes is called side meat), grits and biscuits have been cut way down. Probably we eat that maybe once every two to three weeks.

That is three alternative methods for lowering high cholesterol. For me, I have changed my diet to a low fat, low cholesterol diet, exercise 3 times a week at a Cardiac Rehab. Center and walk in between a mile a day on a walker at home. I am holding my own after a lifetime of excess in eating habits. I guess you could say that is about the best you can do.

Holistic and Homeopathic Ways to Lower Your High Cholesterol

Jim Ott is a retired RN and Hospital Administrator. His website is: http://www.bestcholesterolsite.tapwaterforgas.com There you will find more information and help.